The ProAV1 from Radial Engineering is a passive direct box designed for multimedia applications with the audio/video integrator in mind. The unit features a variety of mono and stereo inputs that are merged via a resistive mixer to mono, greatly simplifying signal management.
To eliminate the need for various adapters, an array of connections are provided, including 1/4" for instruments, RCA and 3.5mm connectors for consumer electronics and computers, and a +4 dB XLR input for professional systems. The front-panel connectors can also be used as thru-puts to allow multiple patch points.
Custom wound transformers are able to withstand exceptionally hot levels while maintaining linearity from 20 Hz to 18.5 kHz. The resulting smooth Bessel curve is warm and natural, making the ProAV1 particularly adept at handling digital sources that can sound harsh. Transformer isolation adds the benefit of eliminating ground loops that cause audio hum and buzz and video hum.
The ProAV1 is ideal for events that interlace audio with video where audio sources can include smartphones, MP3 players, and video devices.
- Professional direct box for multimedia applications
- Ultraquiet passive design requires no external power source
- Eliminates ground loops that can cause hum and buzz
- Handles huge transients without distortion
- For Multimedia Applications
- Mono 1/4", Stereo RCA, and 3.5mm Inputs
- Mono XLR Line-Level Input
- Mic-Level Mono Sum at XLR Out
- -15 dB Pad
- Passive Design, No Power Required