The Canon 85mm Sumire Prime T2.2 is a fast T1.3 lens covering full frame and Super35 sensor formats with a PL to EF changeable mount. The Sumire series produces a cinematic look with subtle rendering of subjects, exceptionally beautiful bokeh, and impressive low-light performance.
Interchangeable PL Mount
- Offers wide compatibility with a range of PL-mount 35mm full-frame and Super35 cameras.
- The Sumire primes can be changed to an EF mount at any authorized service facility.
Focus Breathing Suppression
- The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, providing image stability even when bokeh effects occur when refocusing.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a nuanced look as the lens aperture approaches its maximum setting.
- This subtly modifies the textural renderings of the human facial close-up and a pleasing bokeh.
Artistically Pleasing Image Rendering
- The lens features a large-diameter aspheric lens and anomalous dispersion glass, for high-resolution image reproduction from image center to image edge.
- The lens produces warm color tones that help to softly capture facial expressions, and it shares a unified color balance with other Canon Cinema lenses.
Soft, Natural Bokeh Effects
- The 85mm has an 11-blade iris that produces artistic and beautiful out-of-focus areas, creating a more three-dimensional bokeh.
- The use of an odd number of blades helps reduce flaring of specular highlights.
- The focus and iris rings are designed to maintain a consistent amount of resistance and operating torque to help provide the camera operator or assistant with predictable lens operation.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a unified front diameter (114mm), rotation angle (300°), and gear position on the focus and iris rings.
Front Filter Thread
- All lenses in the series except the 14mm accept a 105mm diameter threaded filter in the front of the lens.
Phosphorescent Focus Marks
- Focus scales marked in feet are displayed on both sides of the lens.
- To improve visibility in dim light conditions, marks with phosphorescent paint have been adopted for right-side viewing.
- 4K Cine Lens
- Covers Full Frame & Super 35 Sensors
- Nuanced Image Characteristics
- T1.3 Maximum Aperture, 11-Blade Iris
- Minimized Focus Breathing
- Dual Focus Markings on Angled Surfaces
- Same Gear Positions Among Sumire Primes
- PL to EF Interchangeable by Technician
In The Box
- Canon 85mm Sumire Prime T1.3 (PL Mount, Feet)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap