Boost the performance of your full-frame or APS-C Canon EF-mount lenses when mounted to your Micro Four Thirds camera with this fifth-generation T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x from Metabones. This cinema-styled electronic adapter features a positive-lock lens mount that will ensure that your adapted lenses are secure and uses optics to reduce the effects of crop factor by making the lens 0.71x wider and simultaneously increasing the maximum aperture by about 1 stop. Further improving on previous generations of Smart Adapters, this fifth-generation model now features a rubber gasket to protect the camera's mount from dust and moisture.
This adapter is equipped with numerous capabilities thanks to the use of a high-performance processor. The features include support for autofocus as well as the ability to control the aperture from the camera body. Smooth iris effects are possible as well on select lenses and 5-axis stabilization is available thanks to communication of information with supported lenses. Also, it enables electronic (focus-by-wire) manual focusing, transmits Exif data to the camera, and works with in-lens image stabilization. Additionally, distance and zoom is displayed on certain camcorders and mirrorless cameras and Cinema EOS lenses are supported when running the adapter off an external 5 VDC power supply via the micro-USB port.
Beyond electronic communication, the adapter has many physical advantages as well, such as a black felt flocking on the inside of the adapter that prevents reflections. For larger lenses, there is a removable Arca-type-compatible tripod foot with a 1/4"-20 thread on the base.
- Allows users to adapt a full-frame or APS-C Canon EF-mount lens to a Micro Four Thirds camera.
- Optics are used with a 0.71x magnification to reduce crop factor from 2x to 1.4x and simultaneously improve the maximum aperture by one stop.
- An advanced optical design with 5 elements in 4 groups that will help improve sharpness and performance of adapted lenses.
- Positive-lock lens mount provides extra security when attaching large lenses.
- Receives power from camera body or optional 5 VDC power supply via micro-USB port.
- Electronic contacts permit transmission of data between the lens and camera enabling autofocus, auto exposure, image stabilization, aperture control from the camera body, saving Exif information, and more.
- Smooth iris support with select Canon (2009 and later), Tamron (SP series 2013 and later), and Sigma (2016 and later) lenses.
- Enables electronic manual focusing on lenses, such as the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II, that use a focus-by-wire system.
- Support for distance and zoom display.
- Internal felt flocking prevents reflections.
- Covers 4K video area on GH4 when using APS-C format lenses.
- Cinema EOS lenses are supported when an external 5 VDC power supply is used, including autofocus, auto iris, and servo zoom.
- Removable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 thread.
- Powered by camera body.
- Canon EF Lens to MFT Camera
- Positive-Lock Canon EF Lens Mount
- Increases Maximum Aperture by 1-1/3 Stop
- Increases Angle of View by 0.71x
- Autofocus, IS, and Exif Data Support
- Smooth Iris with Select Adapted Lenses
- Control Aperture from Camera Body
- Cinema EOS Support; Micro-USB Port
- Weather-Resistant Rubber Mount Gasket
- Detachable Arca-Type Compatible Foot
In The Box
- Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x (Fifth Generation)
- Front Cap
- Rear Cap