A simple, bright, and lightweight normal-length prime, the FE 50mm f/1.8 from Sony is a versatile lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. Blending a sleek stature with a versatile focal length, this 50mm prime excels in a variety of shooting situations and the f/1.8 maximum aperture helps straddle an ideal balance between brightness and a compact form factor.
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Double-gauss optical configuration helps to reduce field curvature and distortions for more consistent image quality from edge-to-edge.
- Besides contributing to depth of field control and low-light performance, the bright f/1.8 design also helps to achieve a lightweight and compact profile, making this lens suitable for everyday, walkaround shooting.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Physical Design
- DC actuator motor offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance to suit both stills and video applications.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.5' and a 0.15x maximum magnification suit working with nearby subjects.
- Metal bayonet offers increased durability and a solid feel when mounting the lens.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Double-Gauss Optical Design
- DC Autofocus Motor
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Sony FE 50mm f/1.8 Lens
- Sony ALC-SH146 Lens Hood
- Sony ALC-F49S 49mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap